Friday, January 27, 2012

ARE YOU CRAZY??



Well that's what I am sure those around me think most of the time!!  How could I possibly be working on 3 different knitting projects at the same time?  Well let me tell you my friends it is very easy!  For those out there that knit a lot you know of what I speak.  For the true avid knitter, 1 project just wouldn't do!  Sometimes I feel like working on one thing and other times something else.  I guess that's what keeps me going.  Here is what is in progress right now (subject to change!).  Two of my cowls I am making is my own pattern.  The other is one I found on Ravelry.

The first one is the Inspira Cowl:




Here it is in progress- I just started last night!




This is the yarn that I am using:

The main colour is a fingering weight mohair.  I wish I could remember what it is called but I bought it years ago.  It is by Colinette Yarn.  They make some of the most beautiful variegated yarns out there and have for years.  The other yarn I am using is a sock yarn by Bernat- again have had it in my "stash" for years.  I don't think you can get it anymore either.  I saw this pattern and wanted to try it out.  I didn't want to buy any new yarn for it so I went diving into my handy dandy stash to see what I could find- and Voila!  I thought that the two yarns went well together.  If you go to the Ravelry page on this pattern you will see others that have knitted this pattern and what yarn they chose to use.  I think the cowl is most striking when you use 2 different variegated yarns- will have to try that soon, so I will keep you posted.

The 2nd Cowl is:




I designed it myself.  I will be making the pattern available soon so stay tuned!  Again I went to my stash to see what inspired me.  I have had this Country DK for a very, very long time.  I think that they had discontinued it for awhile but here it is- see link below.  



Last but not least is a little gem that I will be finishing ASAP!!  I am lucky enough to have some pretty special people in my life.  When one of my Best Friends was going to New York just before Christmas she asked if there was anything I would like her to pick up. You see she was making a "pilgrimage" to Purl Soho.  Lucky Duck!  Well that's all I can call her here :)  Anyways.....  I really couldn't make up my mind as to what I would want her to pick up.  So I told her don't worry,  if I wanted anything I would order it online.  Well....  Just before Christmas she gave me my Birthday Gift and part of it was.....



Isn't she just lovely??  When I pulled her out of the gift bag I gasped!  Really I did!!  I can't even describe how beautiful this yarn is.  And, it is very easy to knit with.  It is called Symphony by Tilli Tomas.  You would think that knitting with the beads would be awkward or uncomfortable.  Well it is not at all.  It is a delight to knit with.  I made up a pattern for her and she will be finished soon.  I can't wait to wear her.  Here is my progress so far:




I will be posting the pattern for this when I am finished knitting it. It is a very basic pattern of 2x2 Rib with Stockinette Stitch.  I just wanted something simple so that the yarn would show through.  She is the star after all.  Again, I am so lucky to have the friends I do, I love them dearly!  And I thank them for enabling my yarn addiction!!  Can't beat friends like that!
Sorry if the Pics aren't the greatest.  I know that you should take pictures in natural light without a flash.  I did do that but the natural light we have been getting here lately has been very dark and dull.  I haven't see the sun for 5 days now.  So taking pics has been a bit of a challenge.  But I think you get the idea of the projects in progress.
Anyways, that is what I am working on, on the yarn front.  I am going to be doing other projects around the house very soon.  I have to prioritize what I am going to be working on,  so stay tuned.
Have a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment