Friday, January 13, 2012

TEA ANYONE?



When it comes to the aesthetic design of a teapot, I like simple.  I like a teapot that is white.  I like one that has a graceful spout, one that is elegantly curved.  I guess I like feminine looking ones!  As far as the function of one, I have NEVER come across one that doesn't drip when pouring.  If you have, will you let me know-but it has to be white!  But it doesn't matter to me if it drips as long a it looks good, I am happy.  I'm not sure why I like the ones I do.  I grew up with one that would be described as a "Brown Betty"



Brown Betty is a VERY typical English/Scottish Teapot.  Nothings says "spot of tea" like her.  She is what I grew up with.  Don't get me wrong I still love Betty but I like the clean elegance a white teapot gives.  Although if I had my way I would love to have this teapot:



Isn't she gorgeous.  Well she should be!  She sold at Christies Auction for .......... wait for it................
$935,786!!  WOW!!  I really do love her but I think she is a little out of my price range!  I wonder who bought her?  Do they use it or does it sit in a cabinet surrounded by lasers and crocodiles???

I found some really cute teapots.  They aren't normally ones I would look at but they are sooo cute!
A company by the name of Cardew Design makes adorable teapots:













I think these adorable pots would satisfy the tea party goer in any of us.  Even though I have 2 boys, when they were little we would have tea parties.  They weren't the full blown affairs that one could completely rock out with girls, but we did OK!!  No pink tea parties for this household, not that I have anything against pink- in fact I keep threatening that I am going to make a "pink room" to escape too but my boys were more the blue/green red colour kind of guys.
I have made another tea drinker, my 11 year old.  I love to brew up a pot and share one with him.  There is something just so calming as sitting and just being together having a cuppa!  I LOVE IT!

Hope you enjoyed these little fun treasures.
Have a great day
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment