Saturday, March 3, 2012

WHAT'S IN MY BAG!

Just a quick posting today.  Just wanted to show you what I am working on.  I have NEVER made an afghan of any kind- I know!!!  I have made just about everything- socks, scarves, cowls, sweaters........  But never an afghan.  So I wanted to come up with something that was me.  I have been very inspired as of late by  Cath Kidston;

I love her sense of colour.  They make my heart so happy!  But I have never seen any afghans with the same feel or colours that were not crocheted.  It seems that crochet and Cath go hand in hand.  I am a knitter- have been for over 35 years- Goodness that makes me sound old!!  Well I have been kniting since Birth :)
Here are some great examples of crochet that inspire me:











This lovely is from Lucy at Attic24.  I LOVE her work.  She never fails to make my heart smile.  Her world is filled with happy colour.  And I thank her for sharing that world with the rest of us.




This is Julie's work.  Again, I am always inspired by Julie at Little Cotton Rabbits whenever I read her blog.  Generally speaking she is a knitter but recently started crocheting for the world to see- I LOVE her blanket- very Cath Kidston inspired!  It is mainly Lucy and Julie that have made me want to take up the hook as it were!




One final inspiration is Bluebellgray.  I am more than mildly obsessed with her work.  Her textiles make me audibly gasp;

I mean..... just look at those colours!!!!  Her work is so inspiring.  Her house is also very inspiring- here is a few shots of that:





























So with all of this inspiration I thought I would knit my own blanket with lots of colours.  I am about half done.  It is a very easy and quick knit.  I am using very chunky yarn- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick and Loops and Threads Cozy Wool.  It is knit on 8mm needles.  I will be writing up the pattern as well so please stay tuned.  Here is a sneak peak:








I am hoping to get it done in the next few days.  I am really enjoying doing this "lapghan"  It should be approximately 52"x64". 
Have a great day
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment