Friday, May 25, 2012

RED, WHITE AND BLUE

I have always loved Red, White and Blue.  It's not a whole Americana thing for me or anything.  I think it stems from my British roots and my Canadian life.  I just love those colours.  I thought I would share with you all some Red, White and Blue:










The red in the above pic is Enticing Red- Sherwin Williams.  I love how Vibrant it is.  Looks fabulous with the bright blue they have used.  This is such a great lesson in the picking of the right colours together- A clean Bright Red with a clean Bright Blue.



Enticing Red- Sherwin Williams








Source Unknown

I have had this pic in my files for years.  It is one of my all time favourites.  If I can find the Ralph Lauren floral print fabric, the Ralph Lauren Stripe Wallpaper and that awesome dresser painted a killer Red, I am so redoing my room like this!  I love the red they chose for the dresser.  It could be very silmilar to Cherry Red, Real Red or Gypsy Red all by Sherwin Williams.  Sherwin Williams really does have some great Reds.  And one thing that is so great about them- they mix it in a base especially formulated for Reds so they aren't as opaque as other Reds.  Some Reds would need 4-6 coats to get the same intensity when mixed into a clear base.  Words can't even describe how much I love that dresser!!








This wall colour in this room is Kensington Blue- one of my favourite Navy Blues.

Kensington Blue- Benjamin Moore




















The above wall colour is Glass Slipper by Benjamin Moore.

Glass Slipper-Benjamin Moore

It is such a lovely watery blue without a greeny undertone.  It is a clear light blue.
A similar clear,light blue is Duck Egg by Beauti-Tone (Home Hardware/Style at Home).







I can't even put into words how much I LOVE this kitchen.  Amazing!







Here are some of my favourite Red, White and Blues::

Lyons Red- Benjamin Moore



Poinsettia- Sherwin Williams



Cherry Tomato- Sherwin Williams



Hale Navy- Benjamin Moore



Philipsburg Blue- Benjamin Moore



Kensington Blue- Benjamin Moore



Polar Sky- Benjamin Moore



Lily White- Benjamin Moore

 

Patriotic White-Benjamin Moore





Oxford White- Benjamin Moore




Decorator's White- Benjamin Moore



I would be remiss if I didn't include the colours that I am currently using in my home- Hottie by Para
Mariner by Martha Stewart, Morning Jog by Valspar and Pocket Watch White (1/2 strength).

Thanks for stopping by-have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment