Wednesday, August 29, 2012

FAIR ISLE INSPIRATIONAL COLOUR

Hey everyone.... here is a quick posting on inspirational colour from Fair Isle,  although it did take me a little while to put it together so it looked all pretty like!!
As you know I am a huge fan of yarn that is wool or derivatives there of.  Here are some things that I am thinking of and being inspired by.  I love the colour that is found in Fair Isle:



I would love to get a hold of some of this.  I would imagine how lovely it would be to knit with.  So soft.  And the colours are amazing!!
I have been wanting to come up with a pattern where I can use this colour combo.  Have to put the old thinking cap on.  These colours would look awesome in a blanket or a poncho...... Hmmmm..........





 If you have never knit with any of Debbie's Cashmerino lines then you have to go out NOW  and get yourself some.  It is one of my favourite yarns ever.  I have made many wristwarmers in the Aran weight:



These lovelies are "Fetching" and can be found at Knitty.  Click on the above link.  Knitting with the Cashmerino line whether Aran or Baby is like a dream.  I cannot stress enough how wonderful this yarn is to knit with.  I will be making many more of these in the future.  The only thing that I do differently is that I do NOT do the Picot edge bind off.  I find that it makes the top to gaping.  I just do a regular bind off.




I just Love the earthy colours found in this sweater. It is definitely on my to do list.  I have such a large to do list for knitting.  But those of us that knit avidly have a huge to do list- don't we??

Well that's it for today.  I hope you can garner a little inspiration from the colours I talked about.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment