Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NEW COWL PATTERN UPDATE

Hey Everyone!  I have been busy knitting up a new cowl pattern that will be available on Ravelry soon.  The Cowl is all Cable knitting.  BUT!!!  Don't let that scare you.  I have made the pattern in such a way that it looks way more complicated than it actually is.  You are only ever working on one kind of cable at a time in a particular row.  It is being knit up in the following......







This yarn is a worsted weight yarn and has a really nice hand or feel to it.  It is knitting up really nicely.  I have completed the 1st Cowl in the Pewter colourway and am about 1/3 of the way through in the Peacock Colour way.  I was lucky enough to buy this yarn in Michaels on a huge sale.  The downside with this yarn is that it can be a little pricey in my opinion.  It was originally being sold for $9.99/ball.  To me that is way too expensive, but I guess Martha has to get her cut!!  Any worsted weight yarn would be great for this pattern.  I would probably avoid a variegated coloured yarn, overly textured or a super dark colour.  The thing with cables is that you want to see them!!
Each Cowl takes 3 balls of yarn and is being knit on a size 5mm/8 needle.
I decided to knit 2 cowls in different colourways so that you can see how colour can affect how you perceive a particular pattern.  I love how the pewter turned out.  I am also enjoying knitting the cowl in the great teal coloured yarn as well.  I just love the name of the colour--- Peacock.
So when it is done and available, I will let you know.


Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment