Friday, November 9, 2012

CABLE-EAZY COWL

Well!  She is finally done.  My crazy easy cable cowl is done. It looks way more complicated than it is.  I promise!!   Here she is in all her squishable glory:







I really enjoyed coming up with this one.  The cowl is knit in Martha Stewart Merino.  The yarn is a worsted weight yarn and is 100% Merino Wool.  As wools go, it isn't itchy.  Insert snort of derision from my friends here !!! The colourway is Pewter and is a lovely soft gray.  It is very scrunchable and snuggable.  I truly love it.  I am such a sucker for cabled anything.  And doing cables isn't that hard, insert another snort from said friends!!  I made this in such a way so that on any given row you are only cabling one kind of cable.  Although the yarn was originally a bit pricey in my opinion, I got it on a great sale.  It is really lovely wool but I think $9.99/ball is a bit high for it.  A better price point would have been $5.99-$7.99/ball.  Just my humble opinion.  The pattern is up on Ravelry for $3.99.  I hope you give it a go if you are a cable nut like me or are new to cables.
And as always if you need any help I am just a click away.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment