Wednesday, March 6, 2013

THE GRAYS!

Hey Everyone!  As I talked about a little while ago it is time for me to get my butt in gear and freshen up my Master Bedroom!  Only been talking about it for a year!! ARGH!!  At first I had wanted to paint the walls Light Blue by Farrow and Ball.  But now I want to go in a slightly different direction and do a very pale gray.  It will look really nice with all the navy I want to work with!

I have a couple of grays in mind:

Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51

Benjamin Moore: Paper White OC-55

Benjamin Moore: Wickham Gray HC-171


I love Intense White- for me it is that perfect gray without a green, purple, overly blue or pink undertone to it.   Paper White is so lovely and light as well but with a bluer undertone.  Wickham Gray is also a great neutral gray in that it does not have a green, or brown undertone to it.  To me it would tend to go towards more of a blue if I had to pick an undertone-but it is still very neutral.

Here is some examples of these great grays.

Wickham Gray HC-171



Wickham Gray HC-171



Wickham Gray HC-171



Benjamin Moore: Paper White OC-55



Benjamin Moore: Paper White OC-55





Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51



Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51



Benjamin Moore: Intense White OC-51


So there you have it.  I am going to get testers so that I can be sure that I am picking the right gray with the right undertone to it.
Will keep you all posted.
Have a great day everyone!
Megan

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, love all the inspiration! Thank for sharing this.
    Interior design in lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which gray did you end up using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Xanthippe- I haven't picked one yet.....the Master always seems to take a backseat....but I will get there! Stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. If you are looking for an excellent contextual advertising network, I recommend you take a peek at Clicksor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm using Paper White across our home right now and wonder which WHITE you use for trim. Starting on trim this weekend...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete