Friday, September 27, 2013

EASY PEAZY BREEZY COWL

Hey Everyone......Today I wanted to share with you all my latest pattern.  Here she is:





What is so great about this cowl is that it is super easy, super quick, and REVERSIBLE.  What is not to love about that?......And......I am offering the pattern on Ravlery for FREE.  Just a little freebie for everyone to enjoy.  This would make a great gift for Christmas.
I made this little lovely out of Berroco Ultra Alpaca.  It is such a nice yarn to knit with.  I have used this yarn in the past and love it.  I was so taken with the colour when I was in my LYS:  That store being Spun.  The colour is called Grapefruit and it truly evokes that colour.  I couldn't help but to buy it....it sort of lept off the shelf and right into my hands!!! I wanted to create another cowl pattern that is Reversible.  It can be a hard thing to do.  You want visual interest but at the same time you have to pick stitches when combined complement one another and are reversible.  So the Easy Peazy Breezy Cowl was born.
I hope you all enjoy making it as much as I did.  It is easy enough to make but still interesting enough to keep your attention.  Not that you have to pay attention for very long as it will take no time to make it.  I chose a size 4mm needle to knit with even though the recommended needle size on the yarn info is a 5mm.  I didn't want it to be too drapey as Alpaca can tend to be.  I wanted it to be slightly "beefier".  It still drapes plenty, yet holds its own....know what I mean??
Anyways......I hope you like it.....and as always if you have any questions or comments you can drop me a line anytime.
Have an awesome weekend everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment