Tuesday, January 21, 2014

EASIER THAN PIE

Hey Everyone.......Hope all is well?  It is yet again FREEZING HERE!!  Just the right kind of weather to knit a lovely scarf.......And speaking of scarves.....I have another pattern ready for you all!  I was quite industrious before Chirstmas and was able to start a few projects. I finally finished it up and here it is....










I have to say that creating these kind of scarves is my absolute favourite thing to do.  I love designing them and I LOVE to knit them.  They are filled with detail yet have a simplicity about them at the same time!
I chose to name her Easier than Pie since she evolved from my other pattern Easy as Pie.  I wanted to make a lace pattern that seamed on the surface complicated yet was so not difficult to execute.  In this little lovely there isn't any cables.  There is however, ribs of K1TBL (knit 1 through back of loop).  This lends a level of stability to an otherwise lacey pattern.  I love how TBL looks in a pattern.  It is a rib that looks that much more sophisticated-well it does to me anyways!  This pattern is quite easy to memorize and to knit.  There is only 4 rows to memorize. Once you have done a few.....and there are a few.......120 repeats all told.....it is very easy to get along with.  She is 8 1/2" x 65".  Just the right length!
I have never knit with this yarn before and truth be told I am not a huge fan of Alpaca.  I find that it can be a little "wimpy".  What do I mean by that?   Well...... It can tend to be a little too drapey for my liking. However, this yarn is quite lovely.  It has a really nice twist to it.  Which is why it seems to have a little more body than the average Alpaca.  I would knit with this yarn again in a heartbeat!  It is St. Denis- Sommet.  I bought it at Webs  I love buying from Webs- they are great to deal with.  Even with me living in the Great White North, buying from them is very easy.  Never had a problem!  Always a great selection.  The only issue is that I can't have it right away...usually takes a week to get here.  Which in yarn years is like 100yrs! It is very hard waiting for yarn to arrive when one has a project on the brain.  It's like Christmas when the package arrives....always makes me happy!!  Anyways......it is such a lovely yarn.....It is 100% Baby Alpaca with a great twist to it.  It is rated as a Sport weight with a gauge of between 24-28sts.  I used 3.5mm needles for this scarf and I must say I am over the moon with it.  I only wish they had way more of it, but alas it is on clearance and there isn't much left.  That being said this pattern would look stunning with Classic Elite Fresco.  As you know I am slightly obsessed by that yarn.  It would also look great in Paton's Lace.  I think that any yarn with a slight halo would look lovely.  I find that a yarn with good stitch definition would also work well.
So there you have it....another pattern.  It can be purchased here.  And as always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a great day everyone.

Megan

4 comments:

  1. I sent you payment on dec 14, 2017 for pattern along with an email. Never got pattern or response to email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never received this notification from this blog that you never got the pattern. I have sent 2 emails through Paypal to you. I have also emailed you directly the pattern PDF yesterday as soon as I heard you never received the pattern. I am unsure as to why you did not contact me directly through Ravelry as this is the only place that the pattern is available. If you still did not receive please see the message sent through Paypal as this states to contact me directly.

      Delete
  2. Your Affiliate Profit Machine is waiting -

    And getting it set up is as easy as 1--2--3!

    Here are the steps to make it work...

    STEP 1. Input into the system which affiliate products the system will promote
    STEP 2. Add some push button traffic (it LITERALLY takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

    Are you ready???

    The solution is right here

    ReplyDelete